29 August 2015

Salsa - Gato Alado Project

So since we're in South America we decided to take salsa classes (well Spaghetti-O did and I decided I should join in too). We took a few weeks worth of classes in Cuenca along with our adopted Australian son Brad. 

Apparently it's frowned upon to dance solo here so to avoid looking like complete gringos we're trying to learn to dance. Problem is, there's heaps of different styles and everyone seems to dance a different one! But for now the basics are helping. 

We took the classes at a place called the Gato Alado Project in Cuenca which was great. Our instructor Julio was awesome and at the end we were given a certificate so now I can note on my CV that I'm qualified at basic L.A style salsa. Winning! Here's a picture of the happy salsa dancers. 


Oh and they have five cats so obviously I need to post a photo. I only got to meet a few of them on the last night but they are super cute. 


No comments:

Post a Comment