2 October 2015

¡Hola Colombia!

So after 20 million or so hours on a bus we arrived in the Colombian border town of Ipiales. Fortunately for me I had seen an Instagram post of an amazing church in this town and just had to go and see it. 

The town itself isn't that special but they do enjoy eating Guinea pigs. There was a whole street of Cuy restaurants!


After buying a ticket for the night bus to Cali we had a few daylight hours left so we took a taxi out to see the church. This is what it looks like from afar.


Now apparently a young mute child saw an apparition of the Virgin Mary in the valley there. Suddenly she spoke and was healed. And so they built an enormous church of course! Old Virgin Mary is still healing everything apparently and the area around the church is literally covered with plaques commemorating when she cured people of various ailments. Not wanting to miss out I got on the band wagon immediately and drank some holy water in hopes it would cure my travellers diarrhoea. 

Ps - they're some of the plaques in the background.


Here's a photo of Spaghetti O and I that our taxi driver took (yep I hang out with taxi drivers frequently now). 


Oh and a dog because so far this post is missing a dog. 


And here is a shot of what I think is the best church I've seen. And I've seen a few...





No comments:

Post a Comment