8 October 2015

Jardin, Colombia

I got a bit bored waiting for Spaghetti O to return from her Mexican adventure so I decided to take off to the Colombian countryside for a few days. I found some talk about a cute little town called Jardin and the next morning I was on an extremely uncomfortable, hot and packed bus to the town. Luckily when I arrived 4 hours later it was just as gorgeous as I'd read. 

Here's the central plaza and obligatory church which is a pretty good one I must say. 


The plaza is full of colourful little tables and chairs (and ominous rain clouds). The chairs and tables fill up in the afternoon and evening with people drinking coffee or beer and just generally hanging out. The highlights were lots of old boys wearing cowboy hats and the largest quantity of chihuahuas I've ever seen in one location. 


I have also been quite delighted to discover that 'real coffee' is finally back on the menu after months of separation. Thank you Colombia!


Here's a few pictures of the actual town itself. It's tiny and besides the coffee and banana plantations in the surrounding areas I'm not entirely sure what people do here besides hang out in the plaza (or their doorway). 



Anyway there were a few little tourist activities for me to do including yet another waterfall (which I think I'm giving up on) but I decided just to chill, plan my travels in Central America and wander around a bit. 

As I've discovered a cable car is essential in almost every town. As is a statue of Jesus overlooking the town. So off I went up this hill to go and say hi to that little white guy up there. 


Here he is, doing his thing. Colombian music blaring from a speaker right next to him. Drinking a beer nearby I decided it was probably the closest I've felt to Jesus thus far.


And this was the view back down into the town. Gorgeous, no?!


And last but not least. The huskies of Jardin. Also the largest collection of huskies witnessed in one location. Look at that one howling at the moon! 












No comments:

Post a Comment